Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.10.2006 - 14:19
I can't believe that there is not an official thread about Dimmu Borgir. I just recently started listening to this wonderful band. Their first album "For all tid" is perfect and extremely beautiful.

So post your opinions and stuff that has anything to do with this band!
16.11.2007 - 01:16
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 12:59

and you're telling me you cant take a band like deicide seriously? but you listen to Dimmu Borgir?

this made my day

Why can't you get over the fact that I don't enjoy Deicide lyrically and why the hell do you care so much?
16.11.2007 - 11:46
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.11.2007 at 01:16

Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 12:59

and you're telling me you cant take a band like deicide seriously? but you listen to Dimmu Borgir?

this made my day

Why can't you get over the fact that I don't enjoy Deicide lyrically and why the hell do you care so much?

just find it strange that you give a reason why you dont like deicide. and still listens to dimmu borgir, while that same reason could be very good used why not to like this band. because lyrically they dont say anything useful.
03.12.2007 - 12:02
Blastphemer
Account deleted
I prefer Vortex's performance than Galder, Galder is a great musician you are right about that; but Vortex has more energy than Galder in my opinion.
03.12.2007 - 22:50
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
i love enthrone darkness triumphant, stormblast did not really impress me after few spins so i took it off my computer
other ones i have to look into
21.12.2007 - 15:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Anne Lindfjeld, host of the Danish edition of MTV's "Headbanger's Ball", conducted an interview with Silenoz after the band's October 29, 2007 concert at Store Vega (Copenhagen, Denmark). You can watch the seven-minute chat at this location.
01.01.2008 - 08:53
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
really starting to love dimmu borgir - loving death cult armageddon, and enthrone darkness triumphant :banger2; great albums
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
01.01.2008 - 15:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ernis on 28.02.2007 at 09:03

Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 17:47

Sorry, Sorry, I like Dimmu Borgir, especially For All Tid and Stormblast but Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is good album to, everything after that is nothing special, this is of cause my opinion, the last album was big dissapointment for me and I don't like them like five years ago, I would like to see Dimmu Borgir live cause some of my friends told me they kick ass, I also like some of their covers, like Accept or Celtic Fros...
...And I know it is not important much but they album covers are very good, some of them...

Yeh....I do think that as well....it's always interesting to see that everyone thinks tha EDT is an excellent album and the later released albums are...well....more plain.....Perhaps that's right.....As much I have heard their later stuff, it has become less atmospheric and less emotional indeed.....

I agree with you guys... For me, The first DM albums are masterpieces... For All Tid has one of the best covers that I've seen in my life. And Stormblåst is the best IMO and it has the best vocal work by Shagrath. EDT is also very very good. Exelent with the melodic stuff... is the only album that has more melodic stuff and that I like.
The others.. like you said, nothing special. I got SBD for a year ago... I try and try very hard... but I don't like it. I mean the melodic stuff and the keyboard are exelent, that's why I don't understand what's missing.
After EDT... ALL THE ALBUMS are average to me... there are very good songs.. and very crapy too
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2008 - 19:17
Hellsing
They've changed their genre a bit.... well I don't know ,I don't like black metal at all... but they are not the same band that I listened to several years ago... they have a different style and honestly I like it.
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
05.01.2008 - 19:24
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I go alot deeper into BM than Dimmu Borgir, if you can still call them BM, they have some elements. Nonetheless i enjoy this band for the music they play. I prefer their older stuff, especially Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, i just got Stormblast recently, not as good as EDT, but you can see that their early stages they were less accessible, and stook more to the roots of black metal, some of Stormblast even reminds me a bit of Xasthur. Anyways.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
10.01.2008 - 16:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 14.11.2007 at 04:56

It's a shame, they from making the best metal video I've ever seen (The Serpentine Offering). To the worst music video I've ever seen (The Sacrilegious Scorn). Almost to the point were it makes me ashamed to be a fan of the band.

Welcome to the world of metal videos my friend. Probably Patrick Ullaeus was busy this time. 'Cause he directed anothe ramazing video for Dimmu Progenies of the Great Apocalypse. Other Dimmu vidos are pretty much live images and that kinda stuff. Probably they wanted to have a video in some kind of continuation for TSO...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.02.2008 - 22:52
NOИ
I dont want to write much for this band, because I dont know if they deserve it or not. they made Norwegian Black Metal famous, they are the best symphonic black metal band, Shagrath is the blackmetallist that every blackmetal-girl dreaming in her bed, I like them since Death Cult Armageddon, but I DONT like the image and style of the new album, although their music is ok and maybe better than the last one.
02.03.2008 - 02:18
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
im really starting to really love this band, i like all their albums in soem way, but particularly enthrone darkenss..., death cult..., and puritanical...

but atm im finding the serpentine offering so powerful and great

but can anyone else see the similarity in the intro to blood hunger doctrine and KING by satyricon?? or is it just me? i find them extremely similar...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
19.03.2008 - 08:38
ANGEL REAPER
1st Stormblast was even better.....

maniacally better!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.03.2008 - 14:46
muikaslin
Account deleted
i quite like dimmu borgir. there last albums are melodic, and the drums got better. the lyrics... what means they aren't useful? why should they be.
i like their music, and they don't make bad concerts. maybe too much show, but all together nice sound.
belongs to the best black metal bands
02.04.2008 - 04:59
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 02.03.2008 at 02:18

im really starting to really love this band, i like all their albums in soem way, but particularly enthrone darkenss..., death cult..., and puritanical...

but atm im finding the serpentine offering so powerful and great

So you're into their more symphonic stuff. Just like me

Well, as for The Serpentione Offering, IMO there are better tracks on the album, like The Invaluable Darkness, or even The Sacrilegous Scorn.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

02.04.2008 - 12:15
owl
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.04.2008 at 04:59

Well, as for The Serpentione Offering, IMO there are better tracks on the album, like The Invaluable Darkness, or even The Sacrilegous Scorn.
I thought the same when I listened to the whole album. I guess many times bands keep the best songs for us to discover later.

I can't speak much about the 'old' Dimmu, since I've only found them with "Death Cult Armageddon", and only really started to like them with In Sorte... After that I went back in their career and so far there isn't an album I don't like, although the differences are notorious between them. I guess I'm one of the few around here that can cope well with change in the band's path, considering most of the comments. Good thing not everyone thinks the same, it would be so boring.;D
----
02.04.2008 - 15:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by owl on 02.04.2008 at 12:15

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.04.2008 at 04:59

I thought the same when I listened to the whole album. I guess many times bands keep the best songs for us to discover later.

I can't speak much about the 'old' Dimmu, since I've only found them with "Death Cult Armageddon", and only really started to like them with In Sorte... After that I went back in their career and so far there isn't an album I don't like, although the differences are notorious between them. I guess I'm one of the few around here that can cope well with change in the band's path, considering most of the comments. Good thing not everyone thinks the same, it would be so boring.;D

I discovered through DCA too. Tehn I got into Enthrone, Puritanical, Godless Savage Garden... Never liked the old stuff. I like a lot teh symphonic stuff and ICS Vortex vocals are breathtaking. Whoa, that guy has an amazing voice. And now with Hellhammer, brrr.
Hehe... I was showing my mom teh booklet of In Sorte Diaboli and she said Hellhammer looks gay.
----

03.04.2008 - 05:24
Diminished2b
Account deleted
Yeah I love Siemen's vocals,all the shit he did with arcturus,borknagar,and lamented souls is really sick2.I got into'em by the stormblast reissue(which pales in comparison2 the origanal).Its nice but they really killed the "black" element ov it.
02.05.2008 - 00:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
have you already listened to THIS ?

and what do you think about it? i think i love it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.05.2008 - 00:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 02.05.2008 at 00:00

have you already listened to THIS ?

and what do you think about it? i think i love it

You suprise me man, I thought you dont like this kind of metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.05.2008 - 00:35
Damnated
Churchburner
OMFG you discovered dimmu borgir!1! hoo-fucking-ray,
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.05.2008 - 10:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
yes, i thought it too couple of months ago...but then came Summoning, Ensiferum...then Opeth...and now i have at least no prob with listening to black metal with growls instead of clean vocals...
----

03.05.2008 - 23:24
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Ellrohir on 02.05.2008 at 10:25

yes, i thought it too couple of months ago...but then came Summoning, Ensiferum...then Opeth...and now i have at least no prob with listening to black metal with growls instead of clean vocals...

Congratulations!!! the curse of black metal is casted upon you.now you are blessed with true darkness
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
04.05.2008 - 09:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 02.05.2008 at 10:25

Soon you be like me, if BM take syou into his hands he wont let you go
----

apos;'
[image]
04.05.2008 - 10:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
but what do you think about the video i have posted? i have posted it because it is originally instrumental track Perfection or Vanity, but with added vocals - and it is said, it are fans vocals...i like it a lot now and wanted to know your opinion
----

04.05.2008 - 10:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 04.05.2008 at 10:42

but what do you think about the video i have posted? i have posted it because it is originally instrumental track Perfection or Vanity, but with added vocals - and it is said, it are fans vocals...i like it a lot now and wanted to know your opinion

I saw it but I didnt pay much attention to it and I shodo hear it one more time but unfortunatly youtube dont loads for me this weekedn
----

apos;'
[image]
08.05.2008 - 22:38
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
I like Dimmu Borgir A lot. Saw them In Sweden and It was Totally Awesome
10.05.2008 - 23:23
blackart
Account deleted
this is a band that is getting better on each cd more agressive on every release in 10 years they might become a death grind act who knows lol

but i like 'em , not a fav bad of mine but its some good symphonic black metal, very catchy for the masses i guess.
11.05.2008 - 20:12
halleluaj
Account deleted
well their last album sucked!! I recently listened to ''TRANSCENDING BIZARRE?''and ''SEPTIC FLESH'' new albums, Dimmu Borgir would be really jealous because their last album is completely empty of inspiration..
14.05.2008 - 02:34
Gordon Freeman
Ever notice how almost ever band thread starts out "I can't believe that there is not an official thread about..."
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking