Metal Storm logo
Burzum

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 09:54
This band needs no introduction.

To start things off, what do people think of Vargs' writings about paganism that are posted on his website ((www.burzum.org)?
18.07.2006 - 17:34
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 18.07.2006 at 15:04

"He's in prison + he burned churches + he killed Euronymous + his name was Kristian = legend "

Not what i see as a legend.....

I was trying to be humorous.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.07.2006 - 20:19
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Damnated on 18.07.2006 at 17:34

"He's in prison + he burned churches + he killed Euronymous + his name was Kristian = legend "

I was trying to be humorous.

He's an infamous legend too all of us underground kvlt kiddies. Ask anyone in daily life who he is and they'll be saying "Varg who?"
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.07.2006 - 00:31
Daru Jericho
Written by Guest on 18.07.2006 at 10:16

"Hm...maybe a separate thread should be opened up for Varg Virkenes rather than Burzum because this whole music vs artist discussion is plugging this thread up. "

Its still discussing Burzum is it not?

It is but it can be applied to any band; do you like the musicians as people behind band X? Also, most of the people seem to be saying something about how they love Burzum's music but not Varg's beliefs.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

19.07.2006 - 01:09
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"It is but it can be applied to any band; do you like the musicians as people behind band X? Also, most of the people seem to be saying something about how they love Burzum's music but not Varg's beliefs."

Not King Antichrist. And why cant members of any band be discussed in their relevant bands' thread?

"Most influential individual in the bm scene EVER. Re-read your history."

I know all there is to know, but from what King Antichrist and Damnated (who was being humorous) stated, they were saying he was a legend for burning churches and murdering Euronymous.
19.07.2006 - 01:54
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 01:09

"Most influential individual in the bm scene EVER. Re-read your history."

Probably the most famous, but I doubt that he was the most influential. Sure, he contribuited a lot to BM, but still, I think if he made a band, they could be the MOST of everything. But, I guess will never know, what would a Burzum band sound like.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.07.2006 - 11:25
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"But, I guess will never know, what would a Burzum band sound like."

Nope, we have no idea at all.....
19.07.2006 - 20:01
tindomerel
Account deleted

well, to blunt, intellectualy inferior people quite a legend.
19.07.2006 - 20:04
tindomerel
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 19.07.2006 at 00:31

Written by Guest on 18.07.2006 at 10:16

"Hm...maybe a separate thread should be opened up for Varg Virkenes rather than Burzum because this whole music vs artist discussion is plugging this thread up. "

Its still discussing Burzum is it not?

It is but it can be applied to any band; do you like the musicians as people behind band X? Also, most of the people seem to be saying something about how they love Burzum's music but not Varg's beliefs.

I wonder why.
19.07.2006 - 20:39
Ruines
Account deleted
Veeeeeeeeeeery inteligent first two posts, miss. Thanks for your considerable contribution to this thread.
20.07.2006 - 00:29
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
It makes me sick that alot of Burzum fans look Varg at some inocent guy doesn't deserve to be in jail. I my opinion, he deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life!!
20.07.2006 - 00:33
tindomerel
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 20:39

Veeeeeeeeeeery inteligent first two posts, miss. Thanks for your considerable contribution to this thread.

best is yet to come.
20.07.2006 - 01:37
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Empty Spaces on 20.07.2006 at 00:29

It makes me sick that alot of Burzum fans look Varg at some inocent guy doesn't deserve to be in jail. I my opinion, he deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life!!

Music aside, I think that he should have been killed, by death penalty. He killed a man, he should die for it. That's my point of view.
----

20.07.2006 - 02:52
Ruines
Account deleted

Cmon i did'nt he did not deserved to be there. But people bashing Varg like he's some kind of monster aren't any more inteligent. The guy kill one man, burn a few churches and is racist and he gets all the hate from the "easily-offended" people. BUT we can forgive Dahmer, manson and the great number of serial killers or simply all the other criminals that did worst than he did.

Give the man what he deserves, a jail sentence and that s all.

Now wether the music is good or not is simply another subject and doesn't depend on Varg's actions and beliefs.
20.07.2006 - 02:54
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 20.07.2006 at 01:37

Music aside, I think that he should have been killed, by death penalty. He killed a man, he should die for it. That's my point of view.

Hopefuly, the abolition of the death penalty is a social measure that can be found in many civilised countries.
20.07.2006 - 03:05
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 02:52

Cmon i did'nt he did not deserved to be there. But people bashing Varg like he's some kind of monster aren't any more inteligent. The guy kill one man, burn a few churches and is racist and he gets all the hate from the "easily-offended" people. BUT we can forgive Dahmer, manson and the great number of serial killers or simply all the other criminals that did worst than he did.

Give the man what he deserves, a jail sentence and that s all.

Now wether the music is good or not is simply another subject and doesn't depend on Varg's actions and beliefs.

I'm not sure who you live around but none of those people have been forgiven, by most people at least. You make it sound like all he deserves is a slap on the hand. I doubt this is a place where people get "easily offended." I don't care who you are, those acts of violence will draw dislike from any walks of life.
----
20.07.2006 - 03:18
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 02:54

Written by Damnated on 20.07.2006 at 01:37

Hopefuly, the abolition of the death penalty is a social measure that can be found in many civilised countries.

On the contrary, death penalty is one of the most important thing, but now it's almost gone. Today the focus is on the rehabilitation, not on the punishment. 'Eye for an eye' was a good thing for 2000 years, it shoould be today as well. Wolfs will never become sheeps.
----

20.07.2006 - 04:54
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 20.07.2006 at 03:05

I'm not sure who you live around but none of those people have been forgiven, by most people at least. You make it sound like all he deserves is a slap on the hand. I doubt this is a place where people get "easily offended." I don't care who you are, those acts of violence will draw dislike from any walks of life.

I just meant : varg get so much attention while a lot of people are doing worst and no one is whinning about it here.
20.07.2006 - 04:55
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 20.07.2006 at 03:18

On the contrary, death penalty is one of the most important thing, but now it's almost gone. Today the focus is on the rehabilitation, not on the punishment. 'Eye for an eye' was a good thing for 2000 years, it shoould be today as well. Wolfs will never become sheeps.

That's what i was saying. More and more country are abolishing the death penalty. And that is a good thing.
20.07.2006 - 06:44
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 04:54

Written by Clintagräm on 20.07.2006 at 03:05

I just meant : varg get so much attention while a lot of people are doing worst and no one is whinning about it here.

So you're saying Varg is a phenomena in Canada? As far as I know, you can go around and mention Dahmer and Gacy all across the United States and get a reaction out of anyone basically but if I went around and asked them what they thought about Varg Vikernes they would say "Who?" I think you are confusing people on this message board with the masses of people in the world and my friend you are very wrong. If you didn't notice there's one big distinction between "us" and "them" and it's the little world we like to call Metal. So of course we're going to talk about Varg more than some serial killer. THEY AREN'T INVOLVED WITH METAL. THAT IS WHY WE ARE ALL HERE. That is all I am trying to say. Open a Serial Killers thread if you want to talk about them, because yes there are "worse" people out there, but I believe once you cross the threshold of murdering a human, you're all considered worthless to me until proven otherwise.
----
20.07.2006 - 07:15
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"BUT we can forgive Dahmer, manson and the great number of serial killers or simply all the other criminals that did worst than he did."

Who honestly forgives these people?

"That's what i was saying. More and more country are abolishing the death penalty. And that is a good thing. "

You are joking right? A good thing that drug users etc get higher sentences than murderers and rapists whose sentences are getting lower and lower?
20.07.2006 - 10:03
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 04:55

Written by Damnated on 20.07.2006 at 03:18

That's what i was saying. More and more country are abolishing the death penalty. And that is a good thing.

No, I said that it's very imortant, and crimes have to be payed. Prisons for murderers is n't any good. Do you really thing thta Varg will never kill again?
----

20.07.2006 - 10:10
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Damnated, we may just have to ignore them. They are the types of people that like black metal for its shock value.

Lets try and get back on topic now please.
20.07.2006 - 15:27
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 07:15

You are joking right? A good thing that drug users etc get higher sentences than murderers and rapists whose sentences are getting lower and lower?

Who are YOU to judge that someone must die ?

No, i'm not saying rapists and murderers need to get their sentences lowered. But killing someone is not a good solution.
20.07.2006 - 15:34
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 20.07.2006 at 06:44

I think you are confusing people on this message board with the masses of people in the world and my friend you are very wrong.

Who talked about the masses of people in the world ? I was talking about the metal scene.

Do you hear people whinning on Faust (Emperor) or Dissection's frontman ? Do you hear anyone whinning about Hendrik Moebus ? They are all related to the metal scene. Varg just happen to be a racist that made the news more often. That's why there's so much whinning about him. And when i say people bitching him like he's some kind of monster, i think to myself : wow, another herd follower which could'nt get himself an opinion.

No i don't like Varg but what's the point of keeping this "has-lasted-for-years" debate on wether he's a good guy or not. The fact is WE DON'T CARE, even more in a thread about his music.
20.07.2006 - 15:37
Damnated
Churchburner
Varg isn't a racist.
----

20.07.2006 - 15:39
Ruines
Account deleted
okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
whatever you say
20.07.2006 - 15:41
Stigmatized
Written by Damnated on 20.07.2006 at 15:37

Varg isn't a racist.

I've been convinced that he was by several people. I don't really know, but it sure seems to be a popular opinion that he is.
20.07.2006 - 15:43
Ruines
Account deleted
Read his book.

He is.
20.07.2006 - 15:47
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 15:43

Read his book.

He is.

I have no interest in reading anything he has written.
20.07.2006 - 15:47
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Stigmatized on 20.07.2006 at 15:41

Written by Damnated on 20.07.2006 at 15:37

Varg isn't a racist.

I've been convinced that he was by several people. I don't really know, but it sure seems to be a popular opinion that he is.

He does support some pagan ideologies, but in an interview he laughed when he was asked if hi is one, or not. Anyways, I say, if you're interested, read his writings, and make a conclusion. I don't now what to say more hten that.
----